Top 5 Energy Savings Tips for Business
by energyhelpline business
1) Turn down your thermostat to 18 degrees. The
optimum temperature for an office or work place is between 18-21
degrees. For every degree you save 10% on the heating billl. That is 30% and could
be thousands of pounds difference between 21C and 18C. If lots of
physical work is being done then it’s likely that lower is much more
efficient as it will stop people getting dozy too.
2) Install energy saving light bulbs. They save 80-90% on cost and last much much longer than standard bulbs. Motion sensitive lighting can also save big particularly if some areas are not used often.
3) Order staff to switch off all non-essential equipment at night
monitors, mobile phone chargers, computers, lighting all can be switched
off at night. Lighting left on unncessarily at night or in rooms not in use tends to be a big area of waste .
4) Check your insulation make sure that the walls and
roof are fully insulated and that you have checked for gaps in the
window and door fittings. Poor insulation is the same as having the front door open! 30% extra on heating bills sometimes more.
5) Unless it really helps trade, tell people to shut the door! …or better make sure it closes automatically. Leaving the door of a shop or office open puts up bills massively.
And of course…. you can always switch you business energy.
Business energy can be one of your biggest expenses. You can save up to
70% by switching to a better deal. Do it fast though, as if you are
left on an out of contract rate you will be paying typically 50-100%
more than a rival or neighbouring company.
Ring 0800 977 4482 to find our more or