Can I get renewable business energy?
Renewable energy for businesses is available, and understanding your options is a great place to start. UK businesses have a few options in terms of renewable energy: generate your own or sign up to a business energy tariff that includes renewable electricity.
Buying green energy for business from a UK supplier is easier than ever thanks to Energy Helpline, which compares different suppliers and tariffs so you can find the one that suits your needs. Renewable energy has become a big part of UK suppliers’ offerings, meaning that going green for businesses is a lot more viable than it used to be.
What suppliers offer renewable business energy?
Many UK energy suppliers now offer a wide range of renewable business tariffs, with businesses now having a lot more choice than they did a few years ago. Here’s what some of the UK’s biggest suppliers are offering:
- UK’s largest business energy supplier serving nearly 1 million businesses
- Fixed price 1, 2 & 3 year business electricity & gas plans
- Offer a range of business gas boiler service, repair & maintenance contracts
- Help with solar PV and other renewable energy needs
- Tailored electricity and gas plans for SMEs to large businesses
- Fixed price contracts for up to 4 years
- Short term plans designed for Start-Ups
- UK based call centre staff
- Used by nearly 500,000 businesses across the UK
- New connections provided free of charge
- Fixed price 1, 2 & 3 year plans
- Free advice to help improve your energy efficiency
- Fixed price contracts
- Easy to switch at the end of your contract with no auto-rollover
- Help you save energy through energy efficiency schemes
- Offer plans tailored to micro-businesses, SMEs and large energy users
- Use of Smart Automated Meter Read (AMR) meters
- Up to 3 year year fixed price plans for electricity and up to 2 year fixed priced plans for gas
- YourEnergy App helps you manage your energy use no matter where you are
- Offer energy efficiency tips and advice
- Many bespoke products for large energy users
- Many payment options including BACS, direct debit and even cash
- Offers energy to roughly 500,000 UK businesses
- Offer fixed price 12, 24 & 36 month contracts for both electricity and gas
- Also offers flexible contracts for larger users
- Can help your business become more energy efficient
- The largest renewable energy generator in the UK
- Transparent pricing
- 100% renewable supply on their green tariff
- Offer electricity and gas tariffs
How can I use solar panels for my business?
If you’re not interested in signing up for a green business energy tariff, there are options for generating your own electricity by other means. The most common of these are solar panels, though some businesses use wind turbines in specialised circumstances.
Solar panels are relatively easy to get hold of in 2021, and allow you to use the electricity you generate to power your business. For most businesses, however, using solar panels only is unlikely to be viable thanks to the weather in the UK. You can, instead, use them in conjunction with a green energy tariff, which will save you money as you’re using less from the supplier.
Call us on 0800 068 5222 to compare business energy deals, or CLICK HERE.